Featured DIY Articles
The official start of the fall season means leaves are changing, squirrels are feverishly collecting nuts, and pumpkin spice everything has invaded your grocery store. It also means winter is quickly approaching, and homeowners need to ensure their heating systems are ready for the cold days ahead.
Why We’re Experts
Don Vandervort writes or edits every article at HomeTips. Don has:
• Over 30 years’ experience as a remodeler and builder.
• Written more than 30 home improvement books.
• Served as Senior Editor at Home Magazine
• Appeared as a segment host on HGTV’s “The Fix” for 3 seasons.
• Been a featured expert on MSN.com, US News, and many others.
• Learn more about the trusted HomeTips brand!
Expert advice on emergency portable generators, including how to buy, set up and run them, and generator features, sizes, and necessary equipment. In This Article:
Other Featured Topics
Best Buying Advice
Swimming pool water recycling removes unwanted minerals, salts, and impurities from the water, eliminating the waste involved in draining and refilling. In This Article: Why
In This Article: Step-by-Step: How to Snake the Sewer Line Do Regular Sewer Maintenance Tree Roots in Sewer Lines Some Common Root-Removal Methods Expert step-by-step
How do you keep your home’s plumbing system from breaking down or needing major repairs? Here is expert advice for plumbing mistakes to avoid. Our
Is your floor so bouncy or springy that the tile or stone surface is cracking? Does your wood floor bend or sag beneath your feet?